Friday with(out) Means - June 10th, 2011: An Experiment
With Means out of town, Kintaii steps up again and decides to try something different: Bullet points! Will he succeed in delivering bite-sized nuggets of information to the masses, or will he slip and stumble headlong right into another wall of text? Find out within!
Means is out of town today unfortunately, after severe storms and possible tornadoes swept through a part of Ontario recently which may have caused damage to his old family home. Thankfully there were no injuries or major damage in the area, but after seeing some pictures from in the area with downed trees and furniture tossed through windows, I tend to agree with him that checking up on the place is a good idea. You can get a sense for why he might be concerned by checking out this image (note: not his property, but someone in the near area)
Otherwise... I'm not gonna lie to you guys: Its been a long, tiring, sweaty week. If I was hoping that the weather would be kinder in Montreal than in Oslo, then that was entirely misplaced I assure you - The humidity here is enough to make you feel like you're breathing jello every time you step outside. SO! *I'm* tired, you guys are probably a little tired, and to be frank I ain't got the patented Wall of Text in me today so we're going to try something a little different.
(i can hear waldgeist cheering already)
Not that I think you guys have noticed or anything but I don't do brevity all that well so if this goes wrong I apologize profusely. Otherwise, I figure we might as well try a little science today, see if I actually *can* be brief. ... which I'm not right now so ON TO THE BULLET POINTS!!
- 18.4.5 is now out and available on the live dimensions. Our sincere apologies for the extended downtime and issues yesterday, though these should now be resolved. [b]If you are still having issues logging in, please delete the file "DXDiagOutput.txt" from your Anarchy Online client install directory.
- Work on the 10th Anniversary content is drawing to a close and will be out for live soon. Lots of good stuff in here - Expect a preview article here in Community Corner/on the front page soon.
- The new Pandemonium encounter "The Gauntlet" is nearly completed, with the mechanics nearly completed and the worldbuilding work needed underway. The rewards are going to be very interesting. =D
- Work is progressing nicely on the rebalancing, with Genele and Means now having settled on a lot of the 'larger' changes coming into the game and work on the incoming v2 nanodocuments progressing nicely.
- Parsed has been hard at work with the new engine and progress is coming along swiftly with the integration.
- MstrBstrd and Flaptoot have returned to the tasks of remodelling older assets for the new engine, with Flap working on trees this week and MstrBstrd constructing the new bling'd out version of the reclaim/mail terminal. Looking very awesome.
- The search continues for a designer to join our team here in Montreal. For more information, please visit our corporate site at Funcom Jobs - Montreal and view the listing for "Content Designer - Anarchy Online"
- Our 10th Anniversary Gathering is incoming Soon™! We look forward to seeing everyone who's making the trip up to Montreal - Should be great times. =D
And, uh... yeah! There ya go - Bullet points! Felt kinda weird in a way, not sure if I approve or not. :\ Also not sure I accomplished my goal of being 'brief'. >< Oh well - Back to my wall-of-text next time, I suppose. ;) Hope you guys have a good weekend - See you later!