Friday with Means - November 19th, 2010: The Sky is Not Falling
With the 18.4 Update now available, Means takes a few moments to reflect over the last week and discusses some of the incoming code changes headed for Testlive soon!
The Anarchy Online store is up and running...and the sky has not fallen. I am sorry that the first discussion of items did not include the "approximate" prices that some of these items would be having as I think that would have reduced a lot of people's anxiety about their addition. I am very relieved to have it out so I can once again return my complete focus to improving and adding to the game itself.
Needless to say, the more important part being the update itself which contained many very significant changes. For the most part it has gone smoother than we could have possibly expected (considering we replaced the entire input system for the game...among many other significant changes)...but of course there have been a few issues. We have been working on these issues for the past few days and hope to have a new version on TestLive this weekend.
Code changes for the next version on TestLive:
- Add 'unlock all' menu item to wear view to unlock all locked items.
- Fix copy/pasting (copy key is now bindable).
- Clear selection on pressing esc in text input view (crash fix).
- Improve bind dialog and bind window.
- Fix stuttering camera y-controls when using RMB steering.
- Alt+enter in chat window no longer sends the message / loses focus.
- Ctrl+tab to change channel in chat view now works.
- Add itemshop to "/open" command.
- Add global (ovveride text input) left right up down control binds (alt+arrows by default). (Steer your character while typing...but still be able to select text with the arrows.)
- Rendering fixes for browser on ATI/AMD.
The first version of the "Shade Nano Document" has been delivered to the professionals this week for their review...so I imagine they will be available to everyone next Friday.
The character heads are nearing completion...going to be fun to create a "here are ALL the heads" page at some point.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Colin "Means" Cragg
Game Director, Anarchy Online
To view the original post on our official forums, please click the following link: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=584170