Version 15.7 Release Notes
Release notes for the 15.7 series.
- The Christmas leets will be spreading their seasonal cheer around Rubi-Ka again
- Certain special residents of the ancient castle at Camelot should now appear more often. We have removed the instantiation from Camelot and the spawn times have been substantially cut to compensate for this. The drop rates on several sought after items on both Tarasque and Morgana have been increased.
- The clan-modified droids are making their patrols around Rubi-Ka more frequent
- The Dyna camp bosses have rediscovered some long lost items just in time for the season of giving
- The Nippy John Stiletto should drop more frequently
- The foreman’s favourite robot in the Biomare Dungeon should drop its treasured scopes more frequently
- Ian Warr, the leader of the mercenaries should be more forthcoming in dropping certain weapons he has at his disposal
- Red Dawn should now scale correctly for Martial Artists above and below 2000 skill
- Red Dusk now correctly targets the fighting target and will give feedback when used
- The Ice Golem Quest should now be working correctly again for both sides
- The Bureaucrat IPS representative’s dialogue has been corrected
- Fixed a bug with self only perks that was causing several problems.
- Changed perk reset timer to 24 hours instead of 72 hours
- XP rates in the Shadowlands zones have been adjusted
- Unicorn guards should now correctly PvP flag any players who decide to try their luck against the new Omni security measures
- Additional IP resets are now awarded at Alien Level 15 (one extra reset) and Alien Level 30 (two additional resets)
- Trader AC drains are restored to working order
- The playshifting failed bug with Alien ships should be resolved
- The IPS officials should now be more helpful in handing out basic Jobe armor parts
- Self only Perks should no longer require you to have yourself targeted for them to work
- Bio Rejuvenation should be scaling correctly for adventurers now
- Aliens now give a Shadowknowledge (SK) reward when killed, as long as the alien is not grey to you and you're eligible for earning Shadowknowledge of course.
- You can now rename your backpacks. The name is stored locally, and thus can only be seen on the client where you renamed the backpack.
- Done some tweaks to monster and pet pathing.
- The Experience (XP) bonus based on your side's land control areas is now limited to 10% of the XP cap for your level, i.e. 1% of your level (10% of 10%).
- Maximum flying height is now calculated from the ground level below you, not sea level.
- The credit limit in the city upkeep account is now equal to twice the upkeep plus any currently unpaid upkeep.
- Using an Emergency Defense Shield Neutralizer now follows the regular PvP rules concerning sides and levels.
- Using friendly item effects on other players in a PvP is now subject to the same rules as using friendly nano programs.
- The Agents proc programs should now display what kind of damage they do when they hit a target.
- Pestilential Stream has gotten its requirement lowered. It now requires specialization 2 and the Augmented Cyberdeck.
- The Nano Technician's damage over time programs added in Alien Invasion have had their Defender Rank requirements lowered.
- Peer Pressure now works correctly.
- Calias forms Parrot, Dragon and Wolf are now available again.
- Channel Notum Vein: Adonis, Channel Notum Vein: Elysium, and Channel Notum Vein: Scheol no longer give incorrect feedback.
- The following nano crystals are yet again available: Umbral Wrangler (Superior), Umbral Wrangler (Lesser), Umbral Wrangler (Commonplace), Umbral Wrangler (Minor), and Umbral Wrangler (Patchy). Check the gardens and sanctuaries.
- The Trader Armor Class drain programs now have the correct effect and duration.
- Guard Convoy now has a proper duration.
- Exhaust Defense now works properly and has the correct duration.
**Quests and Missions**
- Some missions (from mission terminals) have had their description shortened.
- Redeemed Penumbra Sanctuary quest locations are now fixed instead of random.
- You must now have the mission from Simon Stark in order to talk to Ethel Anthony in the quest for the antiseptic protector.
- Gilbert Glove now requires that you get a delivery note from the bartender upon delivering the bottle for him. Return to Gilbert Glove with the delivery note, and he will be happy to help you getting those sensitive cybernetic fingertips.
- Omni-Tek has increased the security level in their cities, assigning Unicorn and Omni-Armed Forced troops to guard duty.
- Corrected several alien landing locations with regards to height above ground, distance to the target city and actually landing in the correct city in the first place.
- Due to continued complaints from their troops about lack of leg space the aliens have increased the number of rooms in their ships.
- Added a new alien to the backyard to make things more varied.
- A land control area in Andromeda has had its level changed back to the intended level.
- Added an NPC to the superior HQs who will allow you to enter Clinique Plastique.
- Sanctuary statues are now shown on the Shadowlands map.
- Added maps for the Coast of Peace and the Coast of Tranquility.
- The Galway County map uploads correctly now.
- The unused Broken Crest map has been removed from shops.
- Made some Whom-Pah signs easier to read.
Monsters and Non-Player Characters (NPCs)
- The formulas used to calculate the level of the alien general at the city attacks have been tweaked to better suit the defending force.
- The IPS representatives' dialogue has changed slightly in order to give you the pieces you request much quicker after trading in the money and insignias. However, they will now demand that you also have measurements for the piece you want to have from them. The measurements can be picked up without any additional cost at any local tailor.
- Done some tweaks to the loot from high-level aliens.
- Aliens will no longer de-spawn mid-combat. When aliens decide it's time to leave there will be regular intervals at which those not in combat will de-spawn.
- Added the "boss" flag to some Redeemed and Unredeemed that were missing it.
- Updated the descriptions of Omni-Tek Award - Ribbon of Strife and Omni-Tek Award - Double Ribbons of Skirmish to properly reflect title level requirements to upgrade the boards.
- Changed the description of Flurry of Blows to match the effect of the item.
- Enhanced Leather Armor is now available to quality level 200.
- 2 slot Bracelets of Arul Saba will now produce the proper result when combined with the Arbiter Gem of the Searing Desert.
- The Toothpicker now uses melee initiative.
- The Ringlet of Black Panther Whiskers now buffs rifle and aimed shot instead of shotgun and fling shot.
- Weapons making use of the Viral Weapons Upgrade now require the Alien Invasion expansion.
- The Green Tank Top of the Souls of Rubi-Ka is now usable by all sexes.
- The Tentacle clothing set is no longer considered social armor.
- The additional modifications to the Solitus male version of the Izgimmer-modified Cyberdeck now work properly.
- Bracer of Striking Force and Bracer of Killing Intent now buff life when they are equipped.
- You will no longer be able to equip The Mid, the Kodaik Turbo IX, or the Hydro Vehicle while under the effect of Quantum Wings.
- Fixed the look of the Metawater Repellant Spiritech Suit on Nano and Solitus females.
- Chosen Metaphysicist Headgear now has the proper color at all quality levels.
- Removed the unused Nano Damage Modifier from some items. This modifier should not be confused with the Nano Damage Multiplier, which is in use and works correctly.
- Females are now able to wear the Blue Pajamas Jacket of Shadow Ops.
- The Appetizer Glass now shows up when worn.
- The Mid now has the proper icon.
- IEC Flashpoint Laser Rifles now have a sound for their full auto attack.
- Bio Rejuvenation now scales properly for Adventurers too.
- Some Bureaucrat pets have gotten different coloration.
- Reformatted the tip-of-the-day text so the next/prev hyperlinks are on the top of each page for easier navigation.
- The information window has been updated to fit the new user interface.
- The trade window now display the cash amounts according to the current locale's rules about digit grouping to make it easier to read large numbers.
- The cash-input field in the trade GUI no longer reset to "0" when the opponent click the accept button.
- Fixed a bug that caused the NCU view to get a minimum height of 2 rows if it was closed and reopened while one or more programs where running.
- Corrected a few rare server crash bugs. Now you're even less likely to encounter them.
- Some rare client crash bugs have been fixed.
- Corrected some speling errors heer and tehre. Uhm... wait...