Version 15.5 Release Notes
Release Notes for the 15.5 series.
Tuesday April 27th 2004
- Holding down the right mouse button now again allows you to look around by moving the mouse.
- Some weapons introduced recently should now be more available due to the source(s) being tweaked a bit.
- A problem with producing Chosen and Faithful back items has been sorted out. Bureaucrats, Engineers, Fixers, Keepers, Meta-Physicists, Nano Technicians, Shades and Traders can now click their "Excellent Jobe Suit Support Unit" to create a profession specific version of this back item. The new version is then combined with the appropriate glyph to produce the Chosen or Faithful back item for the profession. Agents, Doctors and Enforcers do not need to upgrade the "Excellent Jobe Suit Support Unit" to combine it with the appropriate glyph. Soldiers, Martial Artists and Adventurers should use their Second Tier back piece to make the Chosen or Faithful back piece.
- A bug with team channels has been fixed. They now go away when you're done with them, and new channels will be assigned to the same window past channels were assigned to.
- CTRL + c now work for copying marked text from any chat window. You may no longer have text marked in multiple windows at the same time.
- You may now subscribe to channels in each window's right-click menu. The channel selection supports holding SHIFT while selecting multiple channels.
- Your chat windows are now listed in the Friends window, and can be opened and closed by clicking on them in that window. A right-click menu for each channel is also available from the Friends window.
- Added options to disable all keyboard and mouse input to a window, in case you want a window with output only.
- Re-implemented the /afk format, with the option to write your own "Away From Keyboard" message.
- Added the option to let text in a chat window fade out after a while.
- We've limited the scrolling buffer in chat windows to 200 messages. If you want to read anything older than that, you'll have to use the logs.
- Subscribed chat channels are now marked by a check sign instead of a different color in the Chat Config window.
- The Chat Config window now remembers selected window, opened group folders and position of scroll bars when closed.
- %t, %f and %m now work properly in pet commands.
- It's now possible to rename the "Default Chat Window".
- /group, /g and /ch now accept partial channel names, providing the partial name isn't ambiguous.
- You can now send messages to channels not assigned to the window you're currently typing in, e.g. through the use of /g or /o.
- PageUp and PageDown may now be used to scroll text in the chat window which currently has focus (i.e. the one where you'll start typing if you hit Enter).
- If you write a non-existing chat command, you will now get an error message explaining this.
- Vicinity chat and system messages have been split into two channels.
- System messages are now by default white, not red. Note that some messages from the game override any color settings on the client.
- "/r text" will now send the entire text, not just the first word, to the most recent person who sent you a tell.
- "/reply text" has been added. It does the same as "/r text".
- All help commands that can be written "/help CMD" can now also be written "/CMD help". An example is "/pet help" and "/help pet".
- Fixed a crash bug related to corrupt or non-existent configuration files.
Wednesday April 7th 2004
- "/v text" now does the same as "/say text" and "/ text"; outputs the text in the vicinity channel.
- "/w text" now does the same as "/whisper text".
- "/s text" now does the same as "/shout text".
- "/g channel-name text" now does the same as "/group channel-name text"; outputs the text to the channel given by the channel name.
- %t, %f and %m now works properly in /say, /group, /o (organization chat) and /t (team chat).
- Added a hotkey for opening and closing the Chat Config window; SHIFT + c.
- The text drop-shadows can now be adjusted or turned off in the Options window.
- Clicking a link in a chat window will no longer activate the chat input bar in the chat window.
- Some Shadowbreeds had an error with their recharge time. This has been corrected.
Tuesday April 6th 2004
- The Friends window is again available through CTRL+7 in the old GUI (Graphical User Interface). CTRL+8 and CTRL+9 now correspond to the Nano window and Stats window again.
- Dynamic chat channels like team chat, trading, teaming and OOC will now update properly and no longer render you unable to talk in them after zoning.
- Using % no longer repeats everything in front of it. This also fixes an issue with /pet report.
- %t, %f, %m and %(1-0) can now be used in macros and scripts. This is still a bit bugged: You need to use either /say (or just / ), /shout or /whisper in front of % tags in macros, but can not use /say (or just / ), /shout or /whisper in front of % tags in scripts and normal talking. We aim to fix this in 15.5.2.
- HTML font color tags will now work for chat bots working directly towards the chat servers. Color tags can't be used from the AO client though.
Monday April 5th 2004
The Crypt of Home
A new menace has appeared in the depths under the Rubi-Ka desert. This place contains both new and age old evil. Somewhere on the planet of Rubi-Ka there is adventure for the daring and a link to the past.
The dungeon is intended for 6 people, i.e. a full team, and has an upper level restriction of 110.
- The chat system has been updated, and now supports multiple customizable chat windows. Please check the "chat interface guide":http://ark.funcom.com/NewChat/index_html for instructions on use.
- Attacking an NPC (Non-Player Character) guard now makes you PvP (Player versus Player) enabled - open to attacks from other players - for 15 minutes. Attacking a PvP enabled player also PvP enables you for 15 minutes. Normal level restrictions for PvP still apply.
- Trades that would cause one of the involved characters to end up with a billion credits or more will now be aborted.
- The nanobot recharge bar no longer disappears if you try execute a new nano program while the nanobots are recharging.
- The overflow window will now open properly when your inventory is full and an NPC returns the items you try give him.
- Using /stuck in a backyard will now move you to a valid location, not into the void.
- Actions requiring another effect to already run on the target or user will now explain this if the required effect is not running.
- Both attacker and target will now again get a message when the target counters / resists a hostile nano program.
- Mission completion will now be handled faster, handing out rewards without delay.
- You will now be able to relax a bit more while in water, not constantly trying to get forward.
- Programs in the Bureaucrat Gallant Slave line now have the same requirements for uploading and executing the programs.
- Team Empowered Captivated Thoughts now requires the Bureaucrat to have completed the second specialization.
- Trader's Nano Resist drain programs now execute correctly.
- Element of Ice now executes correctly.
- Null Space Disruptor now starts the effect immediately, not with a 20 seconds delay.
- Tap Notum Vein: Inferno now takes the Fixer to one of the gardens in Inferno, not Penumbra.
- Slip of Mind can now be uploaded.
- Fixed a stacking problem with Blast of Avoidance.
- Improved Cut Red Tape now checks whether the target is using Grid Armor, not the defence modifier.
- Corrected the specialization requirements on Mongo's Gargantua and Mongo's Mighty Colossus.
- Updated the description on some Shadowlands bind and recall programs.
- Corrected the health boost effect on Titan Physique.
- Izgimmer's Celestial Fury now deals Cold damage as per the description.
- Izgimmer's Corrosive Tear has had its description corrected. It deals Chemical damage, not Poison damage.
- Summoning pets that confuse and cloud the mind of your enemies will no longer be subject to fumbles.
- Martial Artist programs that increase damage and change damage type will no longer be overwritten by other programs that increase damage, except better Martial Artist programs of course.
- Corrected an error with the Bureaucrat program Voice of God.
- Fixed a requirement error in the Adventurer Wolf Aura program line.
Non-Player Characters (NPCs) and monsters
- You should no longer find your NPC enemies healing you during combat.
- All "bosses" in Shadowlands have had their conviction strengthened and will stand and fight instead of fleeing, regardless of the opposition.
- Rancid is no longer aligned with the Redeemed.
- Hecklers now have a smaller XP bonus than other outdoor Shadowlands creatures.
- Razor, Zark and a certain lord are now all a bit tougher.
- Den Mantis Queen has learned a new trick.
- Sharks in Adonis Abyss have decided that manners are for wimps, and will gladly invite themselves to sharing other sharks' dinner.
- The wandering Yuttos can no longer be attacked.
- Killing the Heckler of Evolution no longer gives an experience point reward.
- Chimeran Canines have discovered there's an abundance of prey now, and won't bother chasing fleeing snack for miles. They're also not too keen on charging anything in their vicinity anymore.
- Spoiled Brat has decided to stay in one place. She is also impossible to get rid of, like spoiled brats are supposed to be.
- ICC Representatives and Peacekeepers are now a little less aggressive.
- Skilled Clan Scientist is a bit tougher.
- Many creatures in the Shadowlands now look different, adding more visual diversity.
- The female representatives of IPS will no longer be referred to as males during conversation.
- Empath Min-Ji Liu's pattern has been added as loot on Unredeemed in Scheol.
- It's no longer possible to receive the sealed instructions without having completed the first part of Ergo's quest for access to Inferno.
- Hypnagogic Urga-Lum Thrak and Sipius Aban Lux-Wei now recognize the ancient device even if it's been activated.
- There's now an additional source for the Amulet of Algid Amber.
- The items Ergo on Rubi-Ka requests are now only available in the Condemned Subway.
- The clan Vanguard has moved into Athen.
- The portal from Elysium to Jobe has had its level requirement removed.
- The Unredeemed Pandemonium garden now contains a Statue of Transportation.
- All mission areas should now have inhabitants.
- The impression that Old Athen was growing into Wartorn Valley was just a mirage. "People claiming to have seen the city's buildings outside the city walls need to stay out of the heat," says an anonymous Funcom employee.
- You will now get a message about the saved amount of Experience (XP) or Shadowknowledge (SK) when saving /scanning your character in the Shadowlands.
- A representative for Omni-Trans is now located in Omni-1 Trade.
- A ghostly mountain in Linger Echo was made solid.
- A volcano in Inferno has sunk a bit into the ground.
- The walls of the Adonis Temple Maze have become substantial.
- Fixed a position in the Brink in Scheol where you did not get teleported to Rubi-Ka.
- The Engineer dog pets have been modified a bit. They should now increase properly in usability at the top levels.
- Pets who are hunting will now ignore Jobe citizens and NPCs connected to the Jobe Research training missions.
- Anybody engaged in combat with a pet's master is now a viable target for the pet.
- Elysium now contains some extra rewards.
- Treatment requirement for symbiants above QL 250 has been reduced with 100. Modifiers for symbiants of QL 250 and above have been changed to go linearly from what they were at QL 249 to what they were at QL 300.
- We have removed the NoDrop flag on the following tattoo sets: Ectoplasm, Entophagous and Sombreous.
- The glyphs used for making profession specific armour have gotten the Unique flag removed. The flag led to too much trouble to be worth it.
- Some Yuttoses have started selling a much sought after resource that is used for upgrading weapons.
- Removed the Unique and NoDrop flags from several novictum pieces.
- We have removed the NoDrop flag on the Embryos and Visions required for making the First Tier armours.
- The Caterwaul Rifle has been made Agent only. It will not be unequipped from other characters, but you won't be able to equip it anymore.
- A bug causing weapons with only Ranged Energy as attack skill to not count as ranged weapons has been corrected.
- Higher quality ingots have had their value decreased somewhat.
- Corrected some items that affected the Skill Lock Modifier. They increased the skill lock time instead of decreasing it.
- The shoulder pads handed out by Alvin and Dodga will no longer bestow their bonuses on people of the wrong side.
- Virgo's Practical Spirit Helper can now be equipped in all the correct slots.
- We have put a level requirement on the Nippy John Stiletto and reduced its minimum damage.
- Added a line of warning on Turn Spirits
- Sacrificed Bracelet of Kay now has the correct modifiers and wear requirements.
- Stacks of items may no longer contain more than 50000 items.
- Fixed bug that caused some token boards to vanish when upgraded.
- Fixed a visual bug with Shades of Lucubration.
- Added another use for the Breaking and Entering skill.
Perks and Shadowbreeds
- The Omni-Tek Nanomage Shadowbreed "Death" has been toned down. The damage shield has been halved. In addition, nobody can be affected by the direct damage part more than once every 30 seconds, and nobody can have the damage shield run in their NCU more than once every 30 seconds.
- Nobody can be affected by the clan Solitus Shadowbreed "The Choice" more than once per 30 seconds.
- The action icon for the clan Solitus Shadowbreed "The Lighter Side" is now visible, and the Shadowbreed can be activated properly.
- The attacks from the Pistol Mastery perk line now scale properly according to your skill with pistols.
- The Devour perk attack now scales properly with your Strength.
- The Taunt perk action now works at all levels.
- Malicious Prohibition now properly reduces the target's ability to heal others. The description on the effect has been updated to reflect the actual effect.
- Notum Overflow now correctly makes the target more susceptible to direct nano damage.
- The Tranquilizer perk attack now deals damage even if you have Assassin perk level 10.
- A bug with combining the perk attacks Triangulate Target and Called Shot has been fixed.
- Dazzle with Lights no longer debuffs your team members.
- Detonate Stoneworks now runs correctly when used on targets affected by Stoneworks.
- Encased in Stone now properly roots the user.
- Sabotage Quark Field now works correctly.
- Reap Life now properly recognizes Bloodletting and will be more effective if run on a target already affected by Bloodletting.
- The Triangulate Target action now runs Affected by Triangulate Target on the target, not on the user.
- Fixed a problem where weaker absorb shields would overwrite the Bio Cocoon perk special.
- The skill lock on the Deconstruction perk action is now set correctly.
- Corrected a small error on the damage boost from the 8th rank of the Disharmony perk line.
- Fixed the NCU cost on the Harmonize Body and Mind.
- The Outdoorsman perk line description has been updated. The line was not meant to add a proc effect.
- Several perks actions that missed a description have been given one.
- The Channel Rage perk action has had its description corrected.
- The description of the Insurance Agent perk effect now describes the effect of the perk.
- The description of the Escape action has been corrected.
- A feedback issue with Big Smash has been corrected.
- To optimize the use of server CPU we've done some changes to how the servers handle NPCs that nobody can see. This should have no effect on your gaming experience except speeding up the game servers a bit.
- Anarchy Online now handles switching from full screen mode to viewing the desktop a lot better.
- Corrected a bunch of typographical errors.
Wednesday June 2nd 2004
It seems that somebody forgot to clean up after themselves when conducting some biological experiments in the swamplands on Rubi-Ka. Freelancers working with the ICC are attempting to contain the situation, while the Terra Firma clan and Omni-Med are accusing each other of irresponsibility and sabotage, respectively.
- The recycle time on Dimach has been lowered for Martial Artists with more than 1000 in Dimach skill.
- Adventurers have gotten two new heal programs.
- Voice of Truth and Team Empowered Voice of Truth now have shorter execution time.
- My Way, Peer Pressure and the Voice of One now has increased range.
- The Bureaucrat's team empowered charms now have longer duration.
- Doctor heal programs introduced with Shadowlands no longer require the target to have the Shadowlands expansion.
- Fixers have gotten three new Heal-over-Time programs.
- Martial Artists have received two new healing programs.
- The Composite Physical Expertise programs now include a boost to Martial Arts.
- Relentless Slayer no longer reduces the target's Ranged Weapons Initiative.
- Traders have received a new calm program and a new health haggler program.
- The Enforcer's taunt proc programs have had their taunt effect increased by 10%.
Non-Player Characters (NPCs) and monsters
- Wandering creatures have become more interested in actual wandering, and less interested in staring at walls and rocks.
- The basic stores now contain a pre-made implants shop for Keepers.
- Obtru Steel-Ribbed Armor Gloves now give protection against Cold, and less protection against Fire.
- Faithful Adventurer Armor is now correctly limited to clan members only at all quality levels.
- Queen Blade now has the CanBeParried flag, just like the Enhanced Queen Blade.
- Control Unit Chest Plate now gives a bonus to Chemistry skill. The same bonus has been removed from Chemical AC.
- Laughing Soul Stones and Whispering Soul Stones should now drop in the Jobe Research Training Facility.
- Essence of Pure Jealousy is now more available.
- Meta-Physicist summoned snake staves have been tweaked slightly.
- Izgimmer-Modified Cyberdeck now increases nano damage by 3%.
- The Trick Poker is trickier now, and the Spike of Menace is more menacing.
- Equipping the Inamorata Ocra Pistol now requires an Unredeemed faction rating above 2500, instead of exactly 2500.
- The Chosen and Faithful Metaphysicist Body Armors now reduce the cost of executing nano programs instead of increasing it.
- Engineer pet nano crystals are now spread out more in the different gardens and sanctuaries.
- Engineer pets introduced with Shadowlands are now a bit tougher.
- Snipe Shot 1 and Called Shot no longer depend on other effects.
- Treatment Transfer can now also be used on targets who have learned the sixth perk in the Nano Surgeon line.
- Weapon Bash, Laser Paint Target, Triangulate Target and Napalm Spray now use Assault Rifle as attack skill.
- The Violence special can now be used on less injured targets.
- The Accumulator perk line now gives a bigger bonus to nano pool.
- Big Smash, Followup Smash, and Blindside Blow now scale correctly with the user's Brawl skill.
Chat and GUI changes
- Fixed a bug causing the internal mouse-position to be one frame behind the actual position. This could make mouse-clicks go to the wrong window in some cases when the framerate was low.
- Added support for the <U> and </U> HTML tags (turns underlining on/off).
- It is now possible to disable underlining and linkcolor on hyperlinks by adding a "style=text-decoration:none" attribute to the <A> tag.
- When text-decoration is disabled the color and underlining of individual parts of the hyperlink can be controlled with <FONT> and <U> tags.
- The fade-delay and fade-time for fading text messages is now user configurable.
- Clicking on a group name in a chat window will now make that group the default output channel for the window. SHIFT + click on a group name will activate text-input and insert "/group <groupname> " into the input bar (this will also happen if you leftclick a group that is not subscribed to the window anymore even if SHIFT is not pressed).
- Clicking a user name in a chat window will open a private chat window for that user. SHIFT+lefclick on a username will activate text-input and insert "/tell <nick> " into the input bar.
- Fixed a typo in the "clickthrough enabled" message.
- Made private and system group colors configurable from TextColors.xml.
- Private messages to yourself is now stopped by the client.
- Autosubscribe windows now remember the selected output channel when relogging.
- Fixed the "Chat indicator (Flash head)" option.
- Fixed the '/invite' command, which is used to invite people to private chat groups. The syntax is '/invite <name>'.
- /cc addbuddy now add the new friend to the "known friends" list and not the "recent messages" list.
- Fixed some rendering glitches in the window border rendering.
- Implemented a workaround for broken Windows versions that don't report left/right distinguishing keystates for qualifiers (SHIFT/CTRL/ALT).
- Chat windows with both clickthrough enabled and text input disabled will now allow items to be dropped "through" the window.
- Increased the character-reference description size limit from 1KB to 31KB.
- Fixed a bug in the chat auto-completion system. If typing very fast, or when the framerate was low the auto-complete menu sometimes popped up when hitting SPACE even if an exact match should have been found.
- The text-view will now read/write ANSI text to the clipboard on windows versions that don't support UNICODE. Should make cut/past between the chat and external programs work on Win98.
Update Thursday July 29th 2004
- The Beast has been tweaked a bit to allow it to use the new tricks it has learned.
- Modified some in-game posters.
Tuesday July 20th 2004
- The special attacks Brawl, Fast Attack, Backstab, Fling Shot, Burst and Full Auto now check against defensive skills when calculating the chance to hit. Note that Full Auto always did this, except on the first bullet. Aimed Shot, Sneak Attack and Dimach works as before, at least for now. We've also corrected some bugs in the special attack code, like reporting misses twice, and we've done some tweaking of the to-hit chances.
- Fling Shot, Burst, Full Auto and Aimed Shot now deduct ammo from your weapon. If your weapon does not contain enough shots for the special attack, the attack will still be used, but with limited or no effect. Weapons that operate without ammo will not have this limitation.
- The SkillLockModifier no longer affects the recycle time on Brawl, Dimach, Fast Attack, Sneak Attack, Fling Shot, Burst, Full Auto, Aimed Shot and the various Shadowbreeds.
- All hostile nano programs used on a PvP (Player versus Player) flagged character should now make the user of the nano program PvP flagged.
- Items equipped in the Belt slot can no longer be deleted.
- A bug with corpse decay has been fixed. Normal corpses will now stay for exactly 3 minutes, while the corpses of boss creatures will stay for 30 minutes.
- All versions of Stunned by Brawl now count as stuns and can be stopped by stun resistance or immunity.
- Nano Technicians have received a new nano program line for debuffing their opponent's range.
- Izgimmer's Celestial Implosion has had its damage corrected.
- Greater Hold Victim and Hold Victim have been corrected. Their data were switched.
- One With Nature has had its description updated to reflect the amount it actually heals for.
- Meld with Background now correctly gives the user's team a Concealment buff.
- Guardian of Might and A Keeper's Physique no longer get overwritten by Iron Circle.
- The Doctor team health buff programs have had their non-working instant heal effect removed to avoid confusion.
- The Soldier's Heavy Weapons skill buff programs have had their duration extended.
- Three of the Keeper's Vengeance programs had the same name. Two of these have been corrected to Vengeance of the Blessed and Vengeance of the Holy.
- Fists of Shocking Touch is now only overwritten by Fists of Fire and better nano programs.
- Beauty of Life no longer requires the target to have the Shadowlands expansion.
- Doctor Shadowlands heals and Chaotic Modulation have had some unnecessary feedback messages removed.
- Exhaust Defense has had its duration corrected to 100 seconds instead of 10.
- Abolish Tin has had its execution time corrected to be the same as the other programs in the same line.
- Contemplation has had its nano resist value decreased from 103% to 100%.
Monsters and Non-Player Characters (NPCs)
- IPS representatives now release additional information on how to improve the helmet, support system, and shoulder pad items of the Jobe Suit.
- Some Blueprint bosses have become less timid and will no longer try run away if facing powerful enemies.
- Calmed creatures now heal faster, as they don't consider themselves as "in combat" and thus can stress down a lot.
- Tarasque and The Beast seem to have found that shirt with that sleeve where they hid the aces. Watch out for some sneaky combat tricks.
- We've done some tweaks to the creatures around the Abandoned Facilities introduced in the previous version.
- The portal that appears after killing The Beast now lasts longer.
- The first island of Pandemonium has been split in two, and a new adversary awaits explorers of this unfriendly realm.
- Sirocco will now give out his quest to those above level 201 as well.
- Turn Spirit Flesh Pouches now contain random Turn Spirits as originally intended. This ensures equal opportunity to get hold of each type of Turn Spirit.
- Weapons using Heavy Weapons or Grenade as main attack skill now count as ranged weapons for the purpose of using actions depending on wielding ranged weapons.
- Nano Crystal (Shadow Veil) has been added to the Agent start-up equipment.
- The Channel Notum Vein nano crystals description (not the nano program description) now includes a comment about the garden key being required to upload the program.
- The Malaise nano crystals can now be bought in different Gardens and Sanctuaries.
- The basic merit boards that are given to all members of the Clans or Omni-Tek are no longer Unique. This includes all merit boards that the basic merit boards can be upgraded to.
- The Adventurer's Shadowlands service towers now works as intended in Shadowlands.
- First Tier Metaphysicist Pants have had their statistics revised to bring them into balance with the other First Tier armour.
- Prohibited Hand-Mortar of Bacam-Xum should be easier to wield now, and has had its statistics revised accordingly.
- The nano crystals that contain Average Delayed Health freeloader now have the correct names.
- Keeper and Shade nano crystals are now available as mission rewards.
- Expensive Gift from Earth now has varying content.
- Spirit Shroud of the Exterminator now adds to direct nano damage.
- Advanced Restoration Kit now properly locks the First Aid skill of the user.
- Decus Armor Pants have had new icons applied to them.
- The process for creating Chosen Fixer Boots and Chosen Fixer Pants now works properly.
- A bug resulting in several trade skill processes being broken has been fixed. Among other things, hacking Portable Surgery Clinics is now possible again.
- Perks that always affect your fighting target no longer requires you to have your fighting target actually targeted to be used.
- Perks attacks now scale their effect properly. The scaling was faulty under specific conditions, one of those being the attack skill being higher than 1000.
- Channel Rage now has level requirement for the target pet.
- Ignition Flare now works properly.
- Team Hale and Hearty now executes properly even if you have a hostile target selected.
- Energize, Bio Regrowth and NCU Booster have all had their descriptions corrected.
- Guardian now correctly requires the user to have Total Mirror Shield running.
- Jarring Burst now has a visual effect connected to its stun effect.
- Big Smash now affects your current fighting target, not your currently selected target.
- All versions of Mortificant can now zone with its master.
- Some of the Meta-Physicist pets have been revised to make them scale correctly in power. Urulok the Rotten has had its health decreased. Ettu the Cursed has had its attack skill (and thus its damage) decreased. Zhok the Abomination has had its damage decreased but its health increased by a large amount.
- Two chat system bugs causing client crashes have been fixed.