Version 14.9 (Upgrade: Inner Sanctum) Release Notes
Release Notes for the 14.9 Series
Thursday July 3rd 2003
**A small, albeit devout, cult worshipping the power of the three winds of time was discovered ob Rubi-Ka some time ago. Hidden inside their massive temple complex, they had for decades tried to unleash the power of the three winds that they thought would lead them on a journey to paradise.**
Now the seal to the Inner Sanctum has broken. Hezak the immortal, the enigmatic cult leader, is thus unveiled at last. It’s been reported that the zealous cult subordinates deals with any threat interfering with their secret rituals. Citizens are warned to keep away.
Other world changes
- Due to a large number of participants and spectators, we've found it necessary to split both the Omni-1 and Tir arenas off from the surrounding city.
- Be aware that fertilizing saplings can have deadly consequences.
Game system changes and additions
Player versus Player
- A way to circumvent the level limits on healing and buffing in Player vs Player (PvP) has been removed.
- The Improved Solar-Powered Pistol can now be built.
- A change has been made to the Nano Technician's Enfraam line of nano programs. The NCU cost of these nano programs has been reduced, and a minor nano resist buff has been added.
- The team heal Alpha and Omega is now blocked by the soldier's complete heal blocker nano programs. This only affects the healing segment of Alpha and Omega, so a doctor with a CH blocker on them will still be able to complete heal the team, but will not receive the heal themselves.
- The trader's Margin Call nano program was incorrectly healing the target 19 nano points per tick rather than draining 19 nano points per tick. This has been corrected.
Monsters and NPCs
- We have added a new type of monster camp which grows progressively tougher. It is aimed at high-level characters. We'll let you figure out where and what by yourselves.
- There are reports about organised bands of monsters attacking traveling merchants across Rubi-Ka, stealing their cargo. When some of these merchants were asked about the cargo, they mumbled some incoherent words, and are currently brought in for questioning by the authoroties. Their wares seem to be gone from the market, no doubt taken as treasure by the various monster camp leaders.
- If you wish to get a new apartment, Rubi-Ka regulations require that you remove any current apartment registrations tied to your name. There is now a form available in tool shops for this purpose. Note that upon using this, your old apartment and all its content will be considered properties of your landlord.
Tweaks and corrections
- The Banded Ring of Hope can now be worn if you meet all item requirements.
- The Gloomfall and Shadowfade helmets have now got a new look. They used to look like the Omni-Pol Elite helmet, a look that is supposed to be unique to Omni-Tek.
- The funeral urns found in the Temple of Three Wind and Inner Sanctum dungeons are no longer NoDrop. The energized versions are still NoDrop, however.
- Fixed a problem with the Bracelet of Amplified Sound. It now gives its bonuses properly.
- The price of the Lien's Crystalizer nano crystal was incorrect and has been adjusted to the correct value.
- The spangled Omni-Tek cloaks now work as they should - clan rebels will no longer be able to wear them.
- The Globetrotter Helmet and Gunner's Cap have been fixed, and now checks for wear properties.