Version 14.4 Release Notes
Release Notes for Version 14.4.2
Build Notes for items that have passed the test process and have been patched to the live servers.
- We have removed an exploit that could allow players to do full damage with DoTs (damage over time nanos) in PvP.
- Fixed a visual bug with the IP reset. In some cases it would seem as you had more IP then you actually had.
- Fixed a server crash bug.
- Two exploits have been removed.
- Fixed the recent bank exploit, and re-enabled the organisation banks and the tax system.
- Mission keys will now time out faster if dropped to the ground.
- We have made three optimisations to reduce lag in the most
- Fixed an exploit related to PvP and one related to trading items.
- We have disabled fall damage in indoor playfields, since this was never used. This will prevent you from taking damage when using elevators in team mission dungeons.
- We have reduced the de-spawn rate on Alvin and Dodga.
- You should no longer take fall damage when using elevators in team missions.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to run nano programs in indoor playfields.
- Fixed a server crash.
- We have made two optimisations that will improve server frame rate.
Changes text v.14.4.2
- The one time offer of a full IP reset has now been removed.
- Health and nano settings will now match for player and team members watching a player, regardless of distance and health or nano modifiers.
- We have had to do a change to the mission generation to reduce server load. You will now only be able to generate new mission every two seconds.
- The "dribble down" rules for ranged energy weapons have been fixed. There was a bug that let the dribble down be 50% stamina and 50% sense. This has been changed to 40% sense, 40% psychic and 20% intelligence as the description defines.
- Improved text, layout, colours, links and more in regards to the new help system.
- Zoning while flying now preserves altitude.
- We have implemented four new options:
- Auto-Attack attacking monster regardless of AGGDEF setting. (Default ON)
- Auto-Target attacking monster when without target. (Default ON)
- Auto-Attack attacking player regardless of AGG/DEF setting. (Default ON)
- Auto-target attacking player when without target. (Default on)
These options can be accessed from scripts and macros with the following commands: <br>
/option AutoAttackMOB 0 / 1 <br>
/option AutoTargetMOB 0 / 1 <br>
/option AutoAttackPvP 0 / 1 <br>
/option AutoTargetPvP 0 / 1 <br>
- Using the stationary surgery clinics no longer locks treatment skills since that is no longer necessary.
- Implemented some minor armour trade-skill processes.
- Some new chest models have been added.
- A map of Broken Shores is now available.
- Shrines called "Shadow Rifts" can now be found in mission dungeons. These will cast a buff on you when opened.
- Fixed a problem with charmed mobs not being cleared from pet's hate lists. This made pets stand passive after fighting a mob that was charmed.
- Mission keys will now always time out after the mission is completed.
- Fixed a bug with cloaks not showing on other clients when a player leaves polymorph.
- Fixed a bug with the surgery clinic, you are now able to use it several times in a row. Earlier you had to zone between each time you could use it.
- Fixed a bug with the client timer when minimising the window. In some cases this could stop time on your client.
- Pets will no longer lose health when they zone. Earlier, they would return to low health after zoning.
- Fixed a bug with the "Trash King quest", giving you too many token points under certain circumstances.
- A character's buff effects and name will no longer be visible before he has actually zoned into a playfield.
- With this patch we introduce a new tip system specially designed for our new players. It responds to many of the foreseeable actions and encounters that players will be confronted with early on and uses pop-up windows to give them tips about how to respond to the situation. The tip system is profession sensitive and will suggest, based on the player's choice of profession, what skills to concentrate on to begin with as well as tell them a little bit about the equipment they have received as their start-up gear. The pop-up window has two checkboxes; one of which will disable individual tips (for the advancing player) and one, which will disable all tips (for the expert player). The choices made will be remembered between sessions, but should the player at any point want to re-enable them, there is a checkbox for that in the Options Menu under Miscellaneous.
- The launcher will now give you a warning if you don't have enough graphics memory for the selected resolution.
- If you're running 32 bit desktop and window-mode on a VooDoo3 graphics card, you will get a warning that you should change desktop to 16-bit (due to VooDoo3's nature).
- Fixed a bug where the launcher would run in window-mode the first time you ran Anarchy, even though window mode was not selected.
**Character Creation Changes:**
- You no longer get a new first name + last name every time you use the nickname terminal, thus making it possible to type in a nickname that matches the first name + last name you have, if you choose to do so.
- When creating a new character, you will now find the most common action icons default on the shortcut bar.
- A new world map has been made. New features are zoom functionality and a button for centring the character on the map.
- You will now get feedback in the chat when you miss your attack. This is by default on, but can be turned off in the "Miscellaneous" menu.
**NPC and Monster Changes:**
- The team mission bosses now have more loot. The amount depends on the number of players in the team when accepting the mission.
- The number of additional NPCs in the team mission boss room has been tweaked. The challenge should now be more in line with the size and power of the group doing the mission. In some cases you will not as many monsters as today, in other cases more.
- The frightened rollerrats you might encounter when opening chests will now aggro.
- We have added a couple of new team boss monster types. One of these has the ability to summon players, so be careful.
- Tarasque and Morgan La Faye have been given some new skills. They are now able to summon you to them.
- NPCs under the influence of a calm nano will no longer cast beneficial nanos on themselves. This caused them to break the calm.
- The high level doctors heal "Complete Healing" has been removed from all NPCs.
- Some new static missions have been introduced. The rewards for these missions are items that behave differently from all other items currently in the game. We will leave it up to the players to figure out how!
- Changed the description on the "Clan merits - Blossoms of Summer" and on "Omni merits – Ribbon of Strife"
- We've increased the amount of charges on some products you can make with pharmacy. These are the swim stim, the muscular stim, the restoration kit, and the emergency treatment laboratory.
- Tank armour has had its AC increased slightly.
- The "Madam Freeze" weapon incorrectly stated ColdAC as an attacking skill. This description has been changed.
- Fixed a problem with the graphics of the "Smelly Butcher Gloves".
- Fixed a problem with the requirements of the "Gift of the Old Gargantula".
- You no longer need to have the stamina of a bronto to wear the "Frederickson Micro-Kinetic Sleeves"
- The nano lines "Siphon AC", "Redeem AC", "Traffic AC" and "False Profession" have had their descriptions updated.
- Fixed a bug with the damage given by cloaking devices, they will now inflict damage as described.
- NPCs should no longer have such a large amount of critical hits against Grid armor.
- Different types of monsters in Andromeda have established small camps. Careful, they are being ruled by a strong leader.
- Profession-specific implant departments are now available in the basic supermarkets.
- Introduced some more changes to the Whom-Pah system.
- The clans have built a new outpost in Varmint Woods.
- Omni-Tek has reopened a base in Southern Artery Valley.
- Omni-Tek now has an operational save terminal in Southern Artery Valley.
- Chaos minions will no longer spawn at the NW mine in Lush Fields.
- Suppression gas in Belial Forest and Southern Artery Valley has been increased to monster only.
- ICC has opened a Whom-Pah node to easier make contact with the different alignments. Consequentially, a shop has been removed from the area in an attempt to avoid crowding.
- Neutral traders have opened a new shop in Newland Desert.
- The sun will no longer set in the training grounds. Permanent daylight will make things a little easier for new players.
- Fixed some shop signs in Omni-Entertainment and 4 Holes. They now reflect the type of store better.
- Aquaan monsters have been removed from Newland. They were never supposed to be in this area.
- Some monsters have established new camps in Southern Artery Valley
- Water animations have been improved.
- Four of the humidity extractors had faulty data and where only giving you nano for the first 30 minutes of the buff, rather than for the full 60 minutes. This has now been fixed so they will continue to be effective for the full 60 minutes. The affected nanos were "Boundless Humidity Extractor", "Personal Notum Harvester", "Efficient Humidity Extractor" and "Superior Humidity Extractor".
- Trader health-transfers have been changed in the following manner:
- When the 50% PvP damage reduction was introduced, this lowered the damage inflicted upon the trader as well. This has been fixed, and Trader's heal transfer nanos will inflict the correct amount of damage on the Trader.
- When using a team health-transfer nano, a 15 second damage-over-time nano will be placed on the trader. During these 15 seconds, the trader will not be able to use that same team health-transfer nano again, but is able to use a different team health-transfer nano. For example, using "Premium Delayed Health Payment" will mean that you cannot cast that nano for another 15 seconds, but you could use "Exceptional Delayed Health Payment" during that time (which would then mean that you could not use "Exceptional Delayed Health Payment" for 15 seconds). The damage-over-time nano associated with each of the team health-transfers will hit you for damage 5 times. Be aware that the damage-over-time nanos associated with each of the different team health-transfers will stack with each other, so using multiple team transfers will be risky.
- We are proud to introduce a new grid for the Fixers. They are the only ones able to use it, but in order to do so they must first solve a mission!
- Added a new item that enables the Fixer to "fix" better nano skills for themselves.
- Added a new line of heal-over-time nanos. These have a longer duration than your existing line (between 15 and 30 minutes), and stack with the existing line of HoT nanos. They heal less often than the existing line, but heal for more and with a tighter range.
- The NCU cost on your existing HoT (Heal over time) buffs has been decreased.
- The damage penalty associated with the run speed buffs has been removed.
- Added team versions of the run speed buffs. These are slightly less effective than the single-target versions.
- Added a line of team NCU buffs. These range from +20 at the lowest level to +250 at the highest. Note that these buffs are level limited - both for the Fixer executing the nano and the members of the team receiving the buff.
- The "Minor Suppressor" line has been extended. There is now a line of SMG + burst combo buffs. They are self-only and executable only by Fixers.
- The items summoned with the "Smuggler's Shipment", "Bootleg Blades'n Blunts" and "Bootlet Beamers'n Bolters" will now exist for 12 hours, rather than two. Additionally, the credit cost of summoning these items has been lowered dramatically.
**Martial Artist Changes:**
- "Lesser Controlled Rage" now stacks with "First Strike."
- "Healing Aura" now has the correct crystal icon (blue instead of red).
- Added a minor form of crowd control, a short duration area of effect fear nano. It also operates as a taunt.
- The first version of the "Shen" attack had some bogus data and was missing a damage type on the initial attack. This has been fixed and will inflict melee damage like the later versions.
- The wall blade and parry stick have had their damage increased somewhat. Please note that these weapons are meant for defensive situations (e.g. when the Martial Artist tanks for a group), hence their damage output is not supposed to be comparable to what a Martial Artist does with fists or special weapons.
- "Cohort" and "Horde" have been fixed and buff MAs in the team.
- Martial Artists will now use their kick animation more often.
- The martial arts special attacks have been changed slightly to stop an exploitable situation. You must now be in a fight to use these
- The Agent hologram items that we introduced in the last patch have been fixed. They should now work properly.
- The cool down periods associated with the "Sureshot" and "Concentration" lines are no longer reset on death - you have to wait out the full duration.
- Added three new lines of nano buffs. The first buffs 1h-edged weapon skill. The second buffs pistol skill. The third buffs both multi-melee and multi-range skills. All are self-only buffs. Check out the team mission boss monsters, they may drop one of these new nanos.
- A number of nanos have been added. They are only possible to execute when in polymorph form.
- Wolf form: a series of team auras (90sec refresh) that increase damage and evade skills. They are more effective on people also in wolf form. A series of large perception buffs (and minor evasion buffs) that can be run on others provided the target is also in wolf form.
- Sabre tooth form: self-only short duration damage buffs that also increase attack and defensive skills and boost agg/def. These have a cool-down period of 2 or 3 minutes. A line of self-only instant-cast heals that can be used every 30secs or so.
- Pit lizard: a couple of nukes. A single-target nuke that can be used every minute; an AoE (area of effect) nuke that can be used every two minutes; and an AoE DoT (damage over time) that can be used every five minutes. Note that during the cool down period of one of these nukes you cannot use another. And finally a self-only massive HP boost + HoT, that can be used every 20 minutes.
- Added a series of secondary damage shield nanos. These stack with the normal damage shield nanos, increasing the amount of damage inflicted upon the attacker. You will need a damage shield of sufficient power up and running before you can run one of these damage shield upgrade nanos. Check out the boss monsters, they may drop one of these nanos.
- Added a line of leet charms that are only useable when you are polymorphed into leet form. This line is purely for fun - and will allow you to charm a leet, eleet, leetas and finally a soleet. The charm is "permanent" (it lasts 12 hours), but the leet will not zone with you. Check out the boss monsters, they may drop one of the "Leet Friend" nanos.
- The night vision effect from the adventurer's wolf and pit lizard polymorph has been removed.
- Fly mode has been disabled from the pit lizard polymorphs, as it isn't working properly. The primary purpose of the pit lizard polymorphs is combat, and this was stopping it from being used in combat correctly.
- The adventurers have gotten new deflection shield items usable only by them, which recycle faster than the normal ones. They have also received a "Flurry of Blows" look-alike item that recycles quicker. These are found in various places, and can be produced through trade-skill processes by kind friends of the Adventurer.
- The adventurer now has some crowd control. It is a line of mesmerise nanos that can only be executed on the monster when the monster is not in combat mode. There is also a single area-affect version that can only be executed when outdoors (and will only affect monsters not in combat mode).
- "Phalanx" has been fixed and is now truly an AC buff affecting all soldiers in the team.
**Trade skill Changes:**
- You can now make "Treatment Libraries". These come on two types, one for doctors only.
- The price of the trade-skill components for making nano crystals has been dramatically decreased. If you have all the parts, it should now be cheaper to build nano crystals rather than buy them from shops.
- It is now possible to over-tune tank armour.
- For the dexterous among you there now exists a method of removing nano clusters from implants. The nano cluster is destroyed in the process, but you keep the basic implant.
- Two new organisation commands have been added :
- /org bank paymembers (amount) * <br>
*Pay (amount) credits to each member of the organisation.*
- /org debt <br>
*Displays your unpaid organisation debt.*
- Organisation leadership maintenance: If the leader of an organisation is deleted or becomes inactive for whatever reason, a leadership election will commence automatically. The election candidates are chosen based on seniority in the organisation.